Fitness Program- Personal Trainer
JOB TITLE: Personal Trainer
WAGE RATE: $13.00 – $16.00 per hour
SUPERVISOR: Coordinator of Fitness
JOB FUNCTION: Personal Trainers are responsible for performing fitness assessments, developing program designs, and conducting one-on-one or group sessions with clients.
HOURS: 4 – 20 hours per week
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keeping up to date records of client progress and session completions
- Attending all bi-weekly staff meetings
- Adhering to all facility policies with regards to clientele instruction and guidance
- Maintaining required certifications
- Presenting personal training workshops once per semester
- Running a drop-in body composition 1-3 times per semester
- Maintain professionalism in appearance and attitude.
- Continue to increase in knowledge and competency as a Campus Recreation employee.
- Be willing to educate, model, and monitor policies.
- Be able to perform emergency action procedures in the event of an emergency.
- Enrolled in 6 or more credits per semester.
- Personal Training Certification from a Nationally Accredited Organization (ACE, ACSM, NASM, NSCA)
- Internship positions are also available. If you currently do not hold a Personal Training certification but like to gain some experience in the field and assistance in studying for your certification, an internship position may be right for you. Preferred field of study for internship positions include Kinesiology or Health Sciences.
- Adult First Aid/CPR with AED*
*Campus Recreation provides this training to all employees at no charge.
- Kinesiology upper-class or graduate students