- Intramural Sports Official -
JOB TITLE: Intramural Sports Official
WAGE RATE: $7.50 per hour
SUPERVISOR: Coordinator, Intramural Sports
JOB FUNCTION: Responsible for officiating league and tournament games
HOURS: 5 - 15 hours per week
DURATION: Minimum 1 year commitment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Officiate a variety of intramural sports including basketball, flag football, soccer, volleyball and assist with other sports/events as needed.
- Act as a main point of contact for over 2,000 individual participants.
- Ensure participation safety by having a strong knowledge of rules, policies and procedures as well as proper field set up and game management.
- Provide exceptional customer service to participants by having strong communication while also interacting with players in a respectful, cooperative manner.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude throughout games.
- Properly respond to emergencies by following the department’s Emergency Action Procedures.
- Assist with promotion of intramural sports/events through tabling and other marketing strategies.
- Assist with other duties as assigned (may result in help with other departments within Campus Recreation).
- Be able to work in an active and fast-paced environment.
- Possess a passion for working with people.
- Must have excellent communication skills, while being able to work with a wide variety of personalities.
- Open to constructive feedback while keeping a positive and upbeat attitude.
- Enrolled in 6 or more credits per semester.
- Adult First Aid/CPR with AED*.
*Campus Recreation provides this training to all employees at no charge.
- Officiating experience (preferred, not required).
- Able to work on weekends and week day nights.
- Basic knowledge of sport rules.