Rec Sports Program- Intramural Sports Official
JOB TITLE: Intramural Sports Official
WAGE RATE: $7.50 per hour
SUPERVISOR: Graduate Assistant for Intramural Sports
JOB FUNCTION: Responsible for officiating league and tournament games.
HOURS: 6 - 15 hours per week
DURATION: Minimum 1 year commitment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Officiate a variety of intramural sports including basketball, flag football, soccer, and volleyball.
- Perform event set-ups and game management.
- Manage player behavior and adherence to rules/regulations governing games.
- Perform scorekeeping.
- Maintain professionalism in appearance and attitude.
- Continue to increase in knowledge and competency as a Campus Recreation employee.
- Be willing to educate, model, and monitor policies.
- Be able to perform emergency action procedures in the event of an emergency.
- Be able to be in an active environment.
- Possess a passion for working with people.
- Be comfortable with stretching yourself and keeping a positive attitude.
- Enrolled in 6 or more credits per semester.
- Adult First Aid/CPR with AED*
*Campus Recreation provides this training to all employees at no charge.
- Able to work on weekends and week day nights.
- Basic knowledge of sport rules.