Facility Operations- Operations Crew
JOB TITLE: Operations Crew
WAGE RATE: $7.25 per hour
SUPERVISOR: Graduate Assistant por Facilities and Operations
JOB FUNCTION: This position will be responsible in three areas of the facility; Equipment Desk, Walking Attendant and Facility Attendant.
HOURS: Semester 6 - 20 hours, Summer 4 - 15 hours
DURATION: Minimum 1 year commitment
- Improved communication skill through active participation
- Importance of time management
- Increased productivity and organizational skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist patrons with rental and sales at the Equipment desk using RecTrac software.
- Ensures proper rental and return procedure for daily use of equipment by patrons.
- Ability to perform cash and credit card transactions.
- Assist in monthly inventory count
- Performs daily laundry services.
- Ability to perform emergency medical procedures if necessary.
- Ensure safety and security of Campus Recreation facilities and patrons.
- Guide patrons in understanding the optimal, safe, and secure methods of using the facility.
- Assist in the daily operations of Campus Recreation.
- Explain, interpret, and enforce general Campus Recreation policies.
- Monitor use of equipment by individuals and groups.
- Monitor and maintain equipment cleaning
- Monitor Weight room/Fitness area policies and procedures.
- Facility cleaning and maintenance
- Provide custodial help with locker rooms, restrooms, vacuuming and mopping various types of flooring (tile, sports, wood and carpet) cleaning racquetball courts and set- up for various events
- Know and understand emergency procedures of the facility concerning medical emergencies, fire alarms, injuries, floods, evacuations, and other emergency situations.
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding up to 20 feet about the floor surface.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedule.
- Enrolled in 6 or more credits per semester.
- Adult First Aid/CPR with AED*
*Campus Recreation provides this training to all employees at no charge.