- Desk Attendant -
JOB TITLE: Desk Attendant
WAGE RATE: $7.65 per hour
SUPERVISOR: Coordinator, Member Services
JOB FUNCTION: This position will be responsible in two areas of the facility; Equipment Desk and Front Desk.
HOURS: Semester 6 - 20 hours, Required to work either Thanksgiving Break or Spring Break. Winter and Summer Breaks are up to the student.
DURATION: Minimum 1-year commitment
- Improved communication skills through active participation
- Importance of time management
- Increased productivity and organizational skills
- Ability to identify problems and find solutions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet and establish rapport with individuals or groups who use the facility, and respond to their needs in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all Campus Recreation Programs, Services, and Facilities.
- Serve as the primary source of information for Campus Recreation Programs, Services, and Facilities.
- Serve as a brand ambassador for Campus Recreation to help increase program awareness and promote a caring, inclusive environment.
- Maintain the standards set forth in the Customer Service Training, while demonstrating an enthusiasm for enhancing the overall guest experience.
- Handle all point-of-sale transactions, including facility memberships, locker and equipment rentals, towel service, and all other retail transactions.
- Manage conflict by firmly and respectfully upholding Campus Recreation policies and resolving operational incidents and guest concerns.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Campus Recreation software programs including Rec Trac and When to Work.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with Facility Supervisors by communicating and remaining current on all relevant operational information.
- Promptly responding to emergency situations and assisting the Facility Managers in administering appropriate care and/or calling Emergency Medical Services as needed.
- Understand all emergency procedures in the Emergency Action Plan including medical emergencies, building evacuations, utility outages, chemical and blood spills, severe weather, fire emergencies, etc.
- Properly execute Cash Handling Procedures in all Campus Recreation cash areas.
- Maintains collaborative relationships and open communication with all Campus Recreation Professional Staff members and all other Boise State University Departments.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm about working in a team environment.
- Ability to adhere to proper cash management procedures, enforce policies, and be willing to promote Campus Recreation Programs and Services.
- Current certification in CPR, First Aid, AED, or ability to complete training within 2-4 weeks after hiring date.
- Ability to maintain collaborative relationships and open communication with all Campus Recreation professional staff members and all other Boise State University Departments.
- Ability to manage a significant workload in addition to the regular academic schedule.
- Ability to attend mandatory trainings; Job Training, All-Rec Fall Training on August 15th and 16th and All-Facilities Training Sunday before Spring semester begins.
- Passion for providing excellent customer experience.
- Previous work experience in customer service or retail sales.
- Previous experience in responding to emergency situations.
- Previous work experience in facility or recreation operations.
*Campus Recreation provides this training to all employees at no charge.