Outdoor Program- Outdoor Rental Center Attendant
JOB TITLE: Outdoor Rental Center Attendant
WAGE RATE: $7.75 per hour
SUPERVISOR: Outdoor Rental Center Manager & Coordinator of Outdoor Program
JOB FUNCTION: To provide a positive and quality program experience to customers renting equipment, signing up for trips, and/or planning for their own outdoor adventure.
HOURS: 6-15 hours per week
- Practice and improve communication skills by assisting customers.
- Practice teaching skills by educating customer in how to properly use equipment.
- Learn to maintain and repair outdoor equipment.
- Connect with other students and organizations on campus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist customers in renting equipment, signing up for trips and planning their own trips.
- Be an active Outdoor Program team player being involved on program events.
- Maintain active communication with other staff about program needs.
- Perform equipment maintenance routine and repair.
- Maintain professionalism in appearance and attitude.
- Continue to increase in knowledge and competency as a Campus Recreation employee.
- Be willing to educate, model, and monitor policies.
- Be able to perform emergency action procedures in the event of an emergency.
- Complete other Outdoor Program projects as needed.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Possess a passion for working with people.
- Be comfortable with stretching yourself and keeping a positive attitude.
- Computer and rental software, Rec Trac software.
- Outdoor equipment.
- Occasional tools.
- Drive 12 person van.
- Enrolled in 6 or more credits per semester
- Adult First Aid/CPR with AED*
*Campus Recreation provides this training to all employees at no charge.
- Able to work on weekends and university calendar breaks