- Climbing Gym Attendant -
JOB TITLE: Climbing Gym Attendant
WAGE RATE: $7.75 per hour
SUPERVISOR: Climbing Gym Manager & Coordinator of Outdoor Program
JOB FUNCTION: To provide a welcoming, positive and quality program experience to patrons coming to the climbing gym. To educate and provide risk management to ensure a safe environment is sustained.
HOURS: 6-15 hours per week (Fall & Spring) - 6-30 hours per week (Summer)
- Practice and improve communication skills by assisting patrons.
- Practice teaching skills by educating customer in how to properly use equipment.
- Learn to educate others about climbing in our gym.
- Connect with other students and organizations on campus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist customers in providing a safe and educational environment.
- Be an active Outdoor Program team player being involved on program events.
- Maintain active communication with other staff about program needs.
- Perform routine equipment assessments.
- Maintain professionalism in appearance and attitude.
- Continue to increase in knowledge and competency as a Campus Recreation employee.
- Be willing to educate, model, and monitor policies.
- Be able to perform emergency action procedures in the event of an emergency.
- Promote Outdoor Program events and philology to patrons.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Possess a passion for working with people.
- Be comfortable with stretching yourself and keeping a positive attitude.
- Computer and Rec Trac software.
- Climbing equipment.
- Enrolled in 6 or more credits per semester
- Adult First Aid/CPR with AED*
*Campus Recreation provides this training to all employees at no charge.
- Able to work on weekends