- Lifeguard -
JOB TITLE: Lifeguard
WAGE RATE: Starting at $8.25 per hour
SUPERVISOR: Coordinator of Aquatics and Safety
HOURS: 6 – 15 hours per week
DURATION: minimum 2 semesters
JOB SUMMARY: The Lifeguard position is an integral part of the aquatics safety program at the Aquatics Complex. Under the supervision of the aquatics full-time staff, the Lifeguard plays a significant role in maintaining a safe and pleasant environment for the patrons of our facility.
- Ensure the safety of those who use our facility through consistent and equitable enforcement of Campus Recreation policies and procedures.
- Know and be able to implement the facility’s emergency action plan.
- Maintain an acceptable level of “readiness” through a personal commitment to excellence in the areas of fitness, knowledge, skill proficiency and professionalism.
- Be a positive representative of the Department of Campus Recreation.
- Enforce Campus Recreation policies and procedures.
- Attend bi-monthly in-service training.
- Provide patrons with accurate information regarding facility operations and issues.
- Assist with facility set-ups (lane line changes, special event).
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the facility.
- Enrolled in 6 or more credits during the academic school year.
- Current and nationally recognized Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid certification.
- Must be able to demonstrate competency in the following areas with pre-employment skills test: swimming/fitness, water rescues, CPR and First Aid.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid certification.
- Prior lifeguard experience.