Aquatics Program- Lifeguard
JOB TITLE: Lifeguard
WAGE RATE: $8.25 - $9.75 per hour
SUPERVISOR: Coordinator of Aquatics
JOB FUNCTION: Plays a significant role in maintaining a safe and pleasant environment for the patrons of our facility
HOURS: 6 – 15 hours per week
DURATION: minimum 2 semesters
- Serve as a resource to patrons and staff members by providing accurate information regarding pool schedules, programs and other aquatic information.
- Be ambassadors for Campus Recreation by demonstrating superb customer service by assisting patrons with swim equipment, being kind, and welcoming.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the safety of those who use our facility through consistent and equitable enforcement of Campus Recreation policies and procedures.
- Know and be able to implement the facility’s emergency action plan.
- Maintain an acceptable level of “readiness” through a personal commitment to excellence in the areas of fitness, knowledge, skill proficiency and professionalism.
- Provide patrons with accurate information regarding facility operations and issues.
- Assist with facility set-ups (lane line changes, special event).
- Ability to swim 300 yards continuously
- Ability to swim 25 yards, submerge 12 feet underwater, retrieve a 10 pound brick, and swim with no hands with the brick for 25 yards under 1 minute and 40 seconds
- Ability to complete physical in-water drills and skills practice
- Have alertness and an eye for detail while on duty
- Be comfortable working with others and communicating
- Lifesaving equipment including backboards, rescue tubes, bag valve mask, AED, etc.
- Manual and automatic pool vacuum, pool water testing device (training provided by Campus Recreation)
- Enrolled in 6 or more credits during the academic school year
- Possess current American Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR, AED, First Aid certification
- Able to pass initial skills test
- Prior lifeguard experience