- Campus Bike Map
- Campus Bike Information
- Bike Maintenance Classes
- Shop Rides
- 10K Bicycle Commuter Club
Boise State Bicycling Map
Boise State Bicycling Information
Bike Maintenance Classes
Are bike troubles keeping you from riding your bike to Boise State? Are you nervous about using your bike for transportation because you are afraid it might break down and leave you stranded? Or, are you already using your bike regularly and would like to get more adept at doing your own maintenance and repairs?
Lunch Shift classes will teach you everything from the basics of emergency roadside repairs, lubing your drive train, fixing flat tires and adjusting brakes and derailleurs. Open and free to all — brown bag lunches welcome!
Mountain Bike Mondays
All level mountain bike rides meet at the Cycle Learning Center every Monday at 5:30 p.m. and head for the foothills for a 1.5 – 2 hour ride. As a new rider you can learn trail technique, trail-side maintenance, and get an orientation to the Boise front trail system. More seasoned riders will love the fitness opportunity, as well as having fun on fast singletrack!
Beginner Ride Wednesdays
Sign up for the 10K Bicycle Commuter Club
If you ride your bike to campus, or plan to in the future, here’s some added incentive from the Cycle Learning Center.
The 10,000-Mile Bicycle Commuter Club is here to encourage Boise State faculty, staff and students to ditch their cars and give bike commuting a try.
How to sign up
- Sign up for the FREE 10k Bicycle Commuter Club by emailing the Cycle Learning Center.
- Track your bike miles for transportation, or when you choose to ride instead of drive a vehicle. Use an odometer or app, such as Strava or Map My Ride.
- For every 1,000 miles you complete and report, you receive a free tune-up from the Cycle Learning Center.
- When you reach your 10,000-mile goal, you’ll receive a custom color t-shirt and write up in Update campus newsletter.
If you’ve been riding your bike to campus and didn’t know about the 10,000-Mile Bicycle Commuter Club, you can estimate your commuting mileage since your start date.
There are incentives throughout the year, like scratch-off parking passes, season-specific accessory specials, repair and nutrition workshops, and trip slideshows.
You’ll feel great and have higher levels of well-being, self-confidence and stress tolerance.